Advantages of Electric Toothbrushes.
There are some advantages to electric toothbrushes.
– Electric Toothbrushes can get 10 times as many brush strokes in the same amount of time. Meaning your teeth get a better clean for the same amount of time, or the same cleaning effect in less time.
– Electric toothbrushes often have timers, so you can be sure you aren’t cutting your time short when brushing.
– Electric toothbrushes are great for hard to reach places in you mouth. Especially if those hard to reach places make brushing actions difficult.
– Regular users of electric toothbrushes tend to have better teeth, though they should be including flossing as well as brushing. This is a long-term benefit.
– Just using an electric toothbrush encourages us to use it more. They are more appealing than a manual toothbrush. This is especially important for children who need encouragement to brush.
Many electric toothbrushes of a generation ago were quite gimmicky; often they just vibrated while you used them and did not add to the brushing function. Later toothbrushes are far more effective at cleaning.
Electric toothbrushes were once quite expensive, at least if they were serious devices. Now it is possible to buy the basic electric toothbrush for about $40, with only a few dollars for replacement heads. This is cost effective in the long term of it means fewer dental problems.
A newer generation of electric toothbrushes is the ultrasound toothbrush. These rapidly remove debris from the teeth by vibrating at an extremely high rate (1-3 MHz). This high vibration frequency quickly destroy bacteria and plaque, even when the brush is not directly touching the tooth surface. So you can clean between the teeth when you brush the front and back surfaces.
Apparently effective the results of long-term use of ultrasonic toothbrushes look promising.
Call 9610 8815 (Edensor Park) or 9607 4970 (Green Valley) to book your dentist today.