Dental Clinic Bossley Park
Bad breath is something nobody wants. It is socially awkward, and surly a sign that something is wrong.
Most of us know that we should brush twice daily and floss. And augment this with some good mouthwash. And this should go a long way to removing bad breath. But occasionally this is not enough. We make even have healthy teeth, but still find we are plagued by bad breath.
Dental Clinic Greenfield Park
We can reduce and hopefully remove bad breath with some good habits:
– Limit or remove all sugary foods. Sugar feeds the bad bacteria that cause bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease. If we get rid of sugar we starve the bad bacteria.
– Drink plenty of water to keep the mouth moist. A dry mouth encourages bacteria.
– Green tea fights bad bacteria. Drink a few glasses per day. Decaffeinated green tea is fine. And plain black tea is also quite good.
– Sugar free gum keeps the mouth moist, and helps reduce bad breath. Gum with Xylitol will fight bad bacteria.
– Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue.
– Brush first thing in the morning, before eating, so we don’t ingest the bacteria left in the mouth overnight.
– Brush before bed, so there is minimal bacteria in the mouth overnight.
– Make sure you are not breathing through the mouth at night. This leaves us with a dry mouth, which encourages bacteria. A mouth-guard or nasal strip can help.
– A modern diet trend is to fast for 16 hours per day, only eating during an 8 hour window. This actually helps the teeth as there are several hours a day in which the bacteria are not fed. Brush before you fast, and use mouthwash.
– Chew parsley, which fights bad breath.
– Eat plenty of salad and crunchy fruit, which helps clean teeth.
– Clear your airways with a saline nasal spray. Bad bacteria can hide in our nasal passages.
– Cashew nuts contain a compound that fight bad bacteria. Eat a few each day.
– Avoid junk food and spicy food, which can cause bad breath.
– If you have dentures then make sure to clean and store them correctly.
Check to see if you have a gum infection. This will cause bad breath. But if it is caught early it can be reversed.
Braces are effective for straightening teeth, but they do make cleaning awkward as food gets stuck in the wires and brackets. And they make flossing all but impossible.
Use a Waterpick to clean between the teeth. This works in place of flossing.
Cosmetic Dentist Horsley Park
If the teeth are neat and well aligned they will be easier to clean. Cosmetic dentistry concentrates on appearances, but this is strongly connected to functionality. We might find that having our teeth straightened with Invisalign helps to reduce cleaning issues, and our breath benefits from this improvement.
Dental Clinic Bossley Park
Have regular dental appointments to keep teeth and gums healthy, and our breath fresh.
The content of this article is meant for informational purposes only and should not be considered a source of professional advice, recommendations, or endorsements. It is not a substitute for seeking expert guidance or making well-informed decisions based on individual circumstances. Although we strive for accuracy and reliability, we cannot guarantee the information's completeness or suitability for all situations. Readers are urged to verify facts, consult experts, and consider their own context before taking actions or decisions based on this content. No warranties, explicit or implied, are provided regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the presented information. Relying on this information is at the reader's own discretion and risk. We encourage readers to consult relevant professionals or experts for advice tailored to their specific needs. Neither the author, publisher, nor any affiliated parties will be held responsible for errors, omissions, or damages resulting from the use or reliance on the information in this article.